Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot. Its all about the rainbows. And PINK frosting. Sprinkles don't hurt either. . .
Quick post. Because the prescription for a long holiday weekend is indeed F-U-N, because I loves youse . . . and also because of this jelly shot's overwhelming adorableness was so excited to share this CAKE-inspired jelly shot. Check it out - hope you enjoy!
Rainbow Cake Jelly Shots
- · 1 3/4 cups prepared lemonade
- · 4 envelopes plain gelatin
- · 1 1/4 cups cake flavored vodka (or sub vanilla or whipped cream vodka and a touch of amaretto)
- · 2 tsp sweetened condensed milk (up to 4 tbsp is okay - use to sweeten to taste!)
- · 6 small bowls (one for each color)
- · liquid food coloring
- · frosting and sprinkles, for garnish, if desired
- · flexible silicone mini muffin pan (cavity volume = 3 tablespoons)
Prepare the mini muffin pans by spraying lightly with cooking spray and then wiping clean with a paper towel. (This will leave a slight residue which will assist in unmolding without effecting the taste or appearance of the jelly shots.)
Pour lemonade into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
Remove from heat, stir in the vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
Divide into 1/2 cup portions and pour into 6 separate bowls. Use liquid food coloring for rainbow colors (in this case: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet). (I wanted a very vibrant rainbow, so used 4 drops of liquid food coloring for each color. Feel free to amp up the food coloring as necessary.)
Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of the red gelatin mixture into the muffin pan cavities. Refrigerate until set, but still sticky when touched. (The first layer will take 20 minutes or so, subsequent layers will take less time.) Repeat with remaining colors.
Refrigerate overnight to allow the layers to fully bond.
To serve, loosen around the edges of each muffin cavity and pop out the jelly shots.