Hello everyone! First, Intern Doug and I wanted to thank you for the amazing comments and feedback on the Jelly Shot Test Kitchen recipe book received via email, on the blog and Facebook! Its so fun to hear from you! We read (and treasure) each and every message and do our best to respond
- please bear with us if our reply time is less than speedy. (And it is admittedly less than expedient, any way you slice it . . . )
Due to the crush of overdue correspondence, I will get straight to the point of this post, the Lychee Martini Jelly Shot. Hope you are in the mood for a little delightful-ness!
P.S. Hope you have a batch of well-deserved jelly shots in the fridge today for dear old Dad (or any other fatherly types in your life)!
Lychee Martini Jelly Shot
- 1/2 cup white cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup lychee juice (from a can of lychees)
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin (1/2 envelope equals about 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps (or Cointreau for a less sweet jelly shot!)
- 6 chopped lychees, for garnish
Pour juices into a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in the vodka and schnapps.
Pour into a standard 1 lb loaf pan (about 9” x 5”). Refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight.To serve, cut into desired shapes. Garnish each jelly shot with a few pieces of chopped lychee, if desired.